DmC: Devil May Cry | Hype Thread | 8.0 (360) 7.5 (PS3) | Out Today On PC!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#451 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

That cutscene was foreshadowing. Duh.Capitan_Kid

Nah the real foreshadowing was at the end of 4 when Nero ask:

"Will we see you again?"

Dante just raise his hand and leave.

He totally knew what would happen.

Also lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#452 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] That cutscene was foreshadowing. Duh.archvile_78

"Will we see you again?"

Also lmao

wtf? a petition to ban this game? :lol:

Now I've seen it all... I hope this is a joke. and one bad at that

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Still picking up the game.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"] That cutscene was foreshadowing. Duh.Vatusus

"Will we see you again?"

Also lmao

wtf? a petition to ban this game? :lol:

Now I've seen it all... I hope this is a joke. and one bad at that

I don't know how those people call themselves Fans at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#455 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I think I just beat one of the best levels this gen for me. The dance club level was great aestetically and lots of fun to play through. Made me really feel I was in a discotheque. And that homage to fighting games... Well done NT, well done

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#456 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

It's nothing new. I don't know why people are so up in arms.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#457 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Animal-Mother
I was going to watch Django over the weekend but didn't get time, I'm a little disappointed about that.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Animal-Mother

word this is capcoms usal crap. People should know capcom dont handle dlc well.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#459 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I think I just beat one of the best levels this gen for me. The dance club level was great aestetically and lots of fun to play through. Made me really feel I was in a discotheque. And that homage to fighting games... Well done NT, well done

Vatusus

I'm sad that I saw that level beforehand. It looks so awesome

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Blabadon
I was going to watch Django over the weekend but didn't get time, I'm a little disappointed about that.

A lot of fun. Expect a TON of foul language though.,
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 Animal-Mother

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

finalfantasy94

Anyone in general. Square does it all the time and nobody complains about them. I know capcom has effed up royally and there's no denying that, but aren't we being a tad hypocritical here?
LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts

So far, the game's just ok. Not great, not terrible. I'll probably weigh in a bit more once I finish it up. Only have a handful of missions left.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#463 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

So far, the game's just ok. Not great, not terrible. I'll probably weigh in a bit more once I finish it up. Only have a handful of missions left.

LegendofNerd
What do you think of the visual design?
LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts

[QUOTE="LegendofNerd"]

DarkLink77

What do you think of the visual design?

It's not too bad. Character designs are a little hit or miss, but I can live with them. The little details, like human silhouettes, are good. Some environments look really nice, and some of the limbo effects are dandy, but they get a touch more bland and uninspired as you press on through the game. Creepy carnival gets creepier, grungy hallways get grungier, floating boxes and whatnot, etc. But all in all, no beef with the look.

My main problems deal with issues not associated with the visual design. But I'll go into that later.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

Not in a million years my ass NT.

ReadingRainbow4

Seriously if you're going to be making such a bold decision with redesigning Dante and then MAKE FUN of the people complaining about it, atleast stick to your guns.

I can only imagine how that cutscene will play out with the reskin.

White wig ontop of white hair? or are they pre-rendered, I have no idea.

Honestly I think it's foreshadowing the future. I haven't beaten the game but his hair is turning white as I have progressed thorugh the game. I'm pretty sure that comment is meant for irony, that he is gonna end up with that hair style as he ages.

The reskin though, will make that scene a bit odd lol

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] Seriously if you're going to be making such a bold decision with redesigning Dante and then MAKE FUN of the people complaining about it, atleast stick to your guns.ryangcnx-2

I can only imagine how that cutscene will play out with the reskin.

White wig ontop of white hair? or are they pre-rendered, I have no idea.

Honestly I think it's foreshadowing the future. I haven't beaten the game but his hair is turning white as I have progressed thorugh the game. I'm pretty sure that comment is meant for irony, that he is gonna end up with that hair style as he ages.

The reskin though, will make that scene a bit odd lol

That's kind of cool I guess, atleast they tied the white hair in somehow.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"]

Animal-Mother

Anyone in general. Square does it all the time and nobody complains about them. I know capcom has effed up royally and there's no denying that, but aren't we being a tad hypocritical here?

yea square is gulity to. Just more situations for capcom is all:P

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

Brea, top DMC 3 and 4 player, has uploaded herself performing some glitches in DmC. I like how some of them work, and for the most part are fairly easy.

I did one of the glitches in the demo, and thought it would be interesting to utilize in actual combat if you learned how to.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 ReadingRainbow4

That's one thing this game is really bad at, it doesn't supply the spectacle that previous DMC's had.

Surfing on bodies? teleporting behind enemies, there was all this cool hidden crap you could do in 1-4.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 finalfantasy94

Brea, top DMC 3 and 4 player, has uploaded herself performing some glitches in DmC. I like how some of them work, and for the most part are fairly easy.

I did one of the glitches in the demo, and thought it would be interesting to utilize in actual combat if you learned how to.

OneSanitarium

link dont work

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 BPoole96

That's one thing this game is really bad at, it doesn't supply the spectacle that previous DMC's had.

Surfing on bodies? teleporting behind enemies, there was all this cool hidden crap you could do in 1-4.

ReadingRainbow4

I think Vergil can still do the teleport. I will miss the Trickster Style when I play. That and Swordmaster were basically the only combos I would use if I was playing seriously. Royal Guard is powerful if you build up a bunch of blocks but it takes too long.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 ReadingRainbow4

BPoole96

I think Vergil can still do the teleport. I will miss the Trickster Style when I play. That and Swordmaster were basically the only combos I would use if I was playing seriously. Royal Guard is powerful if you build up a bunch of blocks but it takes too long.

yeah I haven't had a chance to sit down with it so I'm still in the dark about alot of things, but from what a few people are saying is that the combat system is definitely lacking that depth and crazy ass attitude the previous outings had.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

ReadingRainbow4

yeah I haven't had a chance to sit down with it so I'm still in the dark about alot of things, but from what a few people are saying is that the combat system is definitely lacking that depth and crazy ass attitude the previous outings had.

I don't know for sure either, I just remember seeing the Vergil DLC trailer and he was teleporting around. I am still waiting for the PC version to release later this week to give my full impressions on it.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

I don't know for sure either, I just remember seeing the Vergil DLC trailer and he was teleporting around. I am still waiting for the PC version to release later this week to give my full impressions on it.

Same here, I crave that fps.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

finalfantasy94

link dont work

GS messed up the link, I fixed it though.

If not, then http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8H30IRYmbc

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 OneSanitarium

BPoole96

You're supposed to use royal guard to keep an offense without having to stop. The most offensive style in the games. And you get more RG bar for doing just defends and the like, which are made easier since you could (in DMC3 only) cancel the invincible rolls into it, and (in 3 and 4) cancel the invincible jumps into them.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

OneSanitarium

You're supposed to use royal guard to keep an offense without having to stop. The most offensive style in the games. And you get more RG bar for doing just defends and the like, which are made easier since you could (in DMC3 only) cancel the invincible rolls into it, and (in 3 and 4) cancel the invincible jumps into them.

I never got into it. Trickster/Swordmaster always worked fine for me. Gunslinger was useless to me as well.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 OneSanitarium

I never got into it. Trickster/Swordmaster always worked fine for me. Gunslinger was useless to me as well.

BPoole96

Gunslinger was all about the style. It was less applicable than any of the others though.

Try doing rainstorm on a falling enemy and buffer the normal shots so when you both hit the ground you instantly go into Wild Stomp.

Execution is tough.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

OneSanitarium

Gunslinger was all about the style. It was less applicable than any of the others though.

Try doing rainstorm on a falling enemy and buffer the normal shots so when you both hit the ground you instantly go into Wild Stomp.

Execution is tough.

It would take me awhile to get back into DMC3/4 and be as good as I used to be. Haven't really played them since DMC4 came out in 2010.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Execution is tough.

It would take me awhile to get back into DMC3/4 and be as good as I used to be. Haven't really played them since DMC4 came out in 2010.

If it means anything, I'll probably never be come decent in the two games, combo wise.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#481 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Well, I can say with great confidence that DmC: Devil May Cry is better than every game I played in 2012. It's simply top notch in every thing it does. The combat is the most varied the series has ever had and it's is endlessly fun, the enemy variety and mixture is superb, the weapon variety is brilliant (all 5 weapons play very differently than one another and worrk together very well) the visual design is some of the best I've seen in gaming, the levels are less linear than standard Devil May Cry, and the secrets are more clever/well hidden. It's a solid 9/10 without a doubt. This is coming from a fan of DMC 3 and 4. In fact, my friend who got me into the series and is the biggest Devil May Cry fan I know (SSS every mission in all the games on DMD mode) absolutely loves this new game.

Give it a chance people!

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 OneSanitarium

The combat is the most varied the series has ever had

Pikminmaniac

No. You're full of it.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Execution is tough.

OneSanitarium

If it means anything, I'll probably never be come decent in the two games, combo wise.

I used to have jump canceling down to a tee in DMC3 and could do some pretty cool combos but my timing is terrible now and can only do basic stuff.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#484 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

OneSanitarium

No. You're full of it.

I just feel that the weapons differentiate themselves so greatly from one another that it feels that way at least. I also Like how the new Dante can switch weapons on the fly and also use Nero's Devil bringer ability and a new mechanic which brings Dante to demons. It feels like a nice mix of Dante and Nero from DMC 4. It really opens up the possibilities during combat. I feel like there is an almost endless potential for creativity in the combat system here. It feels fitting for a series that focuses on styIe so much.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Pikminmaniac

No. You're full of it.

I just feel that the weapons differentiate themselves so greatly from one another that it feels that way at least. I also Like how the new Dante can switch weapons on the fly and also use Nero's Devil bringer ability and a new mechanic which brings Dante to demons. It feels like a nice mix of Dante and Nero from DMC 4. It really opens up the possibilities during combat. I feel like there is an almost endless potential for creativity in the combat system here. It feels fitting for a series that focuses on styIe so much.

Before I say what I'm going to, I don't dislike the DmC combat system. It's a step back from DMC3 and 4, but it's not that bad.

Rebellion and Osiris' square strings, delayed square strings, the same for both in the air, and the ground launcher all serve the same purpose with Osiris hitting more and/or in a wider area. They have difference in their double direction moves, the charges, and their air special. But outside of that, the two have little difference in variety.

Overall, neither of the Demon weapons offer as much use within combat as the other three swords. They're slow and clunky.

The fact that there are color coded enemies, meaning you have to limit your options in order to attack them, also contributes to a lack of variety. Not to mention there are a lot of moves in comparison to the previous games missing, with the addition of lock on being able to fix that. But no, no lock on. Instead you have some crappy auto aim, though not as crappy or obvious as DMC2s auto aim stuff.

I would never say it's anywhere NEAR as varied as DMC3 or 4. You can switch between weapons in the other DMC games, but NT succeeded in what they were doing in this game. Having an extremely low entry bar by making the combat easy, and the weapon switching (on of my favorite things about DmC) is a part of that. The Jump Canceling mechanics though, or shoddy at best. There is almost no need for it, as you can stay in the air as long you want with the use of...just pressing buttons.

I don't think I have anything else I NEED to say on the matter though. The combat is fairly deep and free form, but I don't think it has a creativity ceiling that will last too long once more player start trying to do things.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Anybody catch the Angry Joe review ?

It was pretty good. Though he did over exaggerate about the silver hair easter egg, I don't think that was Capcom giving the fans the finger...
Just a little homage to the old Dante.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#487 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts
its old news ps3 lost to 360 this gen is over and done with. next gen and preparation is now the hot topic. cant wait till the specs come out, its gonna be a bad day for anyone other than MICROSOFT.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 ReadingRainbow4

its old news ps3 lost to 360 this gen is over and done with. next gen and preparation is now the hot topic. cant wait till the specs come out, its gonna be a bad day for anyone other than MICROSOFT.Mr720fan

wrong thread and serious hyperbole.

D-D-Double fail.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

It was pretty good. Though he did over exaggerate about the silver hair easter egg, I don't think that was Capcom giving the fans the finger...

Sagem28

The DLC costume is homage to Dante. The wig easter egg was a direct finger from NT/Capcom.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

Well, I can say with great confidence that DmC: Devil May Cry is better than every game I played in 2012. It's simply top notch in every thing it does. The combat is the most varied the series has ever had and it's is endlessly fun, the enemy variety and mixture is superb, the weapon variety is brilliant (all 5 weapons play very differently than one another and worrk together very well) the visual design is some of the best I've seen in gaming, the levels are less linear than standard Devil May Cry, and the secrets are more clever/well hidden. It's a solid 9/10 without a doubt. This is coming from a fan of DMC 3 and 4. In fact, my friend who got me into the series and is the biggest Devil May Cry fan I know (SSS every mission in all the games on DMD mode) absolutely loves this new game.

Give it a chance people!

Pikminmaniac

you are one of my favorite posters by far!

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 Sagem28

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

ChubbyGuy40

The DLC costume is homage to Dante. The wig easter egg was a direct finger from NT/Capcom.

I think it's the other way around.

"You want old Dante ? Pay up b!tches".

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Sagem28

I think it's the other way around.

"You want old Dante ? Pay up b!tches".

"You are a b!tch *give middle finger* but we still want your money".
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 ReadingRainbow4

lmfao humanity is enslaved in part due to a slurm factory.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#495 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

The game is alright. I finished it like...two times since it's pretty short and to check out the harder difficulties. Not as bad I was expecting but doesn't compare to DMC3 and 4.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 BPoole96

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

ChubbyGuy40

I thought it was pretty funny :P I can imagine NT has built up quite a grudge against some fans of the series after hearing nothing but negativity about their game ever since it was launched.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#497 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Sagem28

It was homage to old Dante, also all I have to say is wait tell you beat the game.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 Sagem28

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Ballroompirate

It was homage to old Dante, also all I have to say is wait tell you beat the game.

I'm not gonna buy it :P

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#500 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

UK Sales:

DmC is selling only a third of Devil May Cry 4 despite three extra days at retail.

Slashkice
Still, with the amount of people complaining about it, that's not bad at all.